Plan-to-Plan Transfers

If both your former and new plan are the same type of plan—e.g., both are 403(b) plans or both are 457(b) plans1—you may be able to use a plan-to-plan transfer to move your old plan account to your new employer's plan. Check with both plans to confirm they permit transfers and find out what other rules may apply.

To do a plan-to-plan transfer to your new employer's plan from your old plan account, log in to your account and go to the 'Move My Account' section under the 'Initiate Requests' tab. For more detailed instructions please see our How To Move My Funds guide.

1 You cannot transfer amounts between governmental-sponsored and tax-exempt-sponsored 457(b) plans.

Account Access

Need Help?

Salary Reduction Forms

Please be advised that this web content is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this web content is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transactions(s) or matter(s) addressed, and you should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.